Information on custom map tiles and generating your own for India.
Setup a tileserver with correct Indian Boundaries
The map tiles on the default OSM homepage display the international borders of India as per the defacto ground situation. To comply with Indian law, please use one of the OSM India tileservers or setup your own instance with the boundaries of Jammu & Kashmir as per the Survey of India.
- Detailed tutorial on setting up a custom tileserver for India with corrected Indian boundaries - Shatrughan Saxena
- Build a tileserver - switch2osm
- India boundary fix on custom tileserver
- India boundary fix on custom Mapbox maps
- Shapefile of boundary of India - Datameet Maps
OpenStreetMap India Tileservers
Supporting India specific features
With the map data getting better day by day, there is a ever growing need for the creation of new tags and icons that will be specific to India. In order to document and list the proposals for review and dicussion this page has been created. Add your proposals here for review and discussion.
- A local test server for India and surrounding region has been set up in November 2009. This map is hosted on the NRCFOSS-AU server and can be used to experiment with tags specific to India. Feedback can be posted to lawgoff or the Talk:WikiProject_India page.
- MapQuest launched open.mapquest.in for India.