TagEditor plugin provides an alternative window for editing tags in JOSM. It provides a spreadsheet-like interface for tag keys and tag values.
- can be launched from the "Edit" menu or using the shortcut 'T'
- supports mouseless operation. A typical editor scenario:
- press 'T' to launch the editor
- enter a tag key and press 'TAB' or 'ENTER' to navigate to the next cell
- enter a tag value and press 'TAB' or 'ENTER' to navigate to the next cell
- press 'Ctrl ENTER' to apply the tags to the currently selected OSM primitives and close the editor
- improved auto completion for tag keys and tag values. Distinguishes between "official" OSM values and "non-official" values from the currently edited OSM data set. Also takes into account whether the current selection includes nodes and/or ways.
- displays a list of reasonable values for a tag key or a tag value in the current context
- provides a searchable, tabular list of JOSM presets
- provides a searchable, tabular list of "official" OSM Map Features (key/value-pairs).
Relationship with JOSM
You'll find that JOSM now uses the same UI component for editing tags of relations in the Relation Editor and for editing tags of changesets in the Upload Dialog. The respective part of the tageditor plugin has been moved to the JOSM core.
|T||Launches the tag editor for the tags in the current selection (alternativelly select the menu Edit -> Edit Tags ...)|
|Ctrl-Enter||Closes the editor and applies the updated tag set to the current selection (alternatively click OK)|
|ESC||Closes the editor and discards the updated tag set (alternatively click Cancel)|
|TAB, Enter||Navigate to the next cell in the table. If you leave the last cell in the tag table a new empty row is automatically added|
|Ctrl-+||Adds a new empty row to the tag table|
|Shift-Tab||Navigate to the previous cell in the table|
Adding a tag
- Press Ctrl-+
- Place the cursor in the last cell
- Press Tab or Enter
Removing a tag
- Select both the key and the value cell for this tag
- Press Del
Updating a tag
- Place the cursor in either the key or the value cell for this tag
- Edit the tag key and/or the tag value
- Press Enter or Tab
Apply a proposed value for a tag key or a tag value
To the right of the tabular tag grid the tageditor plugin proposes a list of values which are applicable in the current editing context. To apply one of these values
- Double click on the respective value in the list