|Name of architect.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Specifies the name of whoever architected the thing being tagged.
In most cases, the value will be either the name of the person who was the architect (designer) of the exterior of the building (e.g., Frank Lloyd Wright) or will be the name of the firm of architects who did the same job (e.g., Foster & Partners). Both of these are fairly straightforward.
Edge cases would be where there are two named architects who worked together on the project (but who aren't partners in the sense of being business partners in the same firm). In these instances, we can follow the pattern of separating the two names in the value with a semi-colon (;).
- artist_name=* – Creator of a piece of art
- office=architect – Office from which the architect works
- office=engineer – An office for an engineer or group of engineers
- Proposed features/architect
- Open Architect Map: Slippy map that uses architect=* and architect:wikidata=* to show details about the architects who created buildings and structures