Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Further information on the kind of carpentry service provided|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
How to map
Tags to use in combination
To show more clear what kind of carpenters this is, you can use the carpenter=* tag:
- carpenter=trim - A trim carpenter specializes in molding and trim, such as door and window casings, mantels, baseboard, and other types of ornamental work. Cabinet installers may also be referred to as trim carpenters.
- carpenter=cabinetmaker - A cabinetmaker is a carpenter who does fine and detailed work, specializing in the making of cabinets made from wood, wardrobes, dressers, storage chests, and other furniture designed for storage.
- carpenter=framer - A framer is a carpenter that builds the skeletal structure or framework of buildings. Techniques include platform framing, balloon framing, or timber framing (which may be post-and-beam or mortise-and-tenon framing).
- carpenter=luthier - A luthier is someone who makes or repairs stringed instruments. The word luthier comes from the French word for lute, "luth".
- carpenter=formwork - A formwork carpenter creates the shuttering and falsework used in concrete construction. Note: this work is - at least in some countries like Germany - mostly done by concrete workers