Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Date when feature happened / is clock showing the current date in addition to showing time|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Date when feature happened historic=* (Status: de facto) / Does a clock amenity=clock also show the current date? (Status: "approved" ).
This tag was also heavily used for other, unknown reasons (for example date=2014 added to most minor roads in one rectangle in Mexico)
Some uses by mappers included specifying date when feature was mapped.
Dates use the ISO 8601 system, which is based on the Gregorian calendar.
- 2010 ; where the year is known, but no more
- 0897 (for 897 AD)
- 1848-07 ; where the year and month are known
- 2010-03-31 ; for where the full date is known, using the format yyyy-mm-dd
Caution: ISO8601 uses the format yyyy-mm-dd, not the common North American model of mm-dd-yyyy
- date=yes - The clock also shows the current date. Default value: no.
- date=no - The clock does not show the current date
- start_date=* - Date when feature opened or the construction of the feature finished