|a simple divider of street lanes - solid, dashed, ...|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
This is a key which is typically added to highway=* objects to add information about the kind of divider (typically road markings).
Note: At the moment tagging seams to be experimental. For other values take a look at taginfo.
Ideas for divider
- divider=solid_line the road median is a solid painted line
- divider=dashed_line the road median is a painted dashed line
- divider=double_solid_line the road median is a double solid painted line
- divider=no there is no road median or other painted divider
A potential major advantage of tagging this information would be avoiding no_u_turn restrictions and maybe other turn restrictions (e.g. no left turn in countries which drive on the right). The details are depending on the jurisdiction, and while some jurisdictions are allowing crossing a single solid line for turning (but not a double solid line), in others it is illegal for all kinds of solid lines.
- an abandoned proposal for divider tags: Proposed_features/Divider