|classification tag from official US database imported without conversion to proper OSM tags|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
It is dubious whatever it should be present on any object as it duplicates OSM tags.
In http://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/maps-data/data/tiger/tgrshp2008/TGRSHP08.pdf it is defined as "MAF/TIGER feature class code (G4060)" and restricted to be string of (maximum?) length 5.
In http://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/maps-data/data/tiger/tgrshp2008/TGRSHP08.pdf appendix F its values are defined.
Meaning is as follows:
- G4110 "Incorporated Place"
- "A legal entity incorporated under state law to provide general-purpose governmental services to a concentration of population. Incorporated places are generally designated as a city, borough, municipality, town, village, or, in a few instances, have no legal description."
- G4210 "Census Designated Place"
- "A statistical area defined for a named concentration of population and the statistical counterpart of an incorporated place."
- S1400 "Local Neighborhood Road, Rural Road, City Street"
- "Generally a paved non-arterial street, road, or byway that usually has a single lane of traffic in each direction. Roads in this feature class may be privately or publicly maintained. Scenic park roads would be included in this feature class, as would (depending on the region of the country) some unpaved roads."