Relaunched September 2017 as a native app for Android and iOS, with development abandoned again in 2017. The app uses the concept of gamification to motivate users to regularly use it. This means, that game-like elements are used like winning points and badges to climb the highscore.
The points (so called Koins) are collected by the players by fulfilling tasks. Examples of tasks are POIs without a name, where the user has to enter the missing name. All proposals for solutions to the tasks are then validated by other players. If three independent players answer the same, it's ready to be integrated in OpenStreetMap. This upload can take weeks, but we are not in a hurry and consider uploading as "collateral benefit".
All changes to OpenStreetMap are made by the OSM-user kort-to-osm. If you encounter any problems with edits from this account, please contact us via Mail (kort-dev at googlegroups.com) or open an issue on GitHub (http://github.com/kort/kort-to-osm/issues)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KortGame (Hashtag #KortGame)
- Github (for reporting error or pull requests): https://github.com/kort/kort
- UserVoice (for general feedback): https://kort.uservoice.xxx/ (replace .xxx with .com, spam filter blocks uservoice.com)
- Geoclub (forum, sorry: german): http://forum.geoclub.de/viewforum.php?f=175
Bugs are downloaded every night from Keep Right. The data is from all over the world.
- Implemented by User:Metaodi and JH as Bachelor Thesis in Computer Science, Spring semester 2012/13, at University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil (HSR), Switzerland. (Bachelor thesis in german, ~7MB, .PDF).
- A project by Geometa Lab HSR. (Contact: User:Geonick).
- GitHub Repository
- Translations (Your language is missing in Kort? Just request one there and join the team here!)
- the missions (error types)
- Kort campaigns
- supported devices
Kort Game in the media
- See DE:Kort Game.