LINZ upstream notification list
A list of things to be reported back to LINZ about problems and errors in their dataset.
- Look for "LINZ:merged=V16" tags for features in the LINZ upload which were melded with existing OSM data.
- Look for the tag "LINZ:corrected=V16" for features where the LINZ data was just plain wrong, and correct them in OSM. (probably don't bother if you've just moved an object by a few metres, or used cartographer's license in a minor cleanup). If it needs explanation add it to the list below.
- If the object simply is not there (anymore), delete it in OSM (don't worry, history is logged and nothing can't be undone), and add it to the list below.
- The Bayswater Marina boatramp is 30m west of where the LINZ data shows it to be.
- Beacon Perfume Point Napier is 40m north of where the LINZ data shows it to be.
- Arrow points to LINZ co-ordinates
- Beacon is on top of Yachting Control Tower
- Tanks at the Port of Napier contents=tallow NOT water
Note there are more than two tanks however they could not be surveyed due to access restrictions
- Tanks at the Napier Oil Storage Depot contents=fuel NOT water
Note a full survey to confirm specific contents and co-ordinates was not possible due to access restrictions
- Apparently a velodrome not car racing:
- Snares: Alert Stack, not Albert Stack
- Lighthouse at Cape Palliser (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1052816357/history) was out by 25m to SE.
- http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/14593433 - realigned using both Bing Aerial (adjusted at top and bottom of steps), and GPS traces.
- Thanks for checking with GPS traces; Bing imagery is often out by >25m, do not trust it. Also you might check vs. where the latest nautical charts have it: NZ463, approx 41d36.7263'S, 175d17.4150'E. --HB
- Deleted a boat ramp which is no longer there. (river bank erosion?)
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/86575710/history
- OSM: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-39.566378&lon=176.919136&zoom=18&layers=M
- satellite image taken when it was still there: http://maps.google.com/?ll=-39.566475,176.920411&spn=0.002886,0.003739&z=18
- -- Reported by dinarrow
- Landuse change from Orchard to Residential Development
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/97050993/history
- OSM: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-39.5269806683064&layers=O&lon=176.914038062096&zoom=17
- Delete a water reservoir which has been replaced by a house (noticed on the ground)
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1225262461
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/101315261
- -- Reported by OllyBetts
- Schools in Wainuiomata that closed c. 2002 and since have been cleared.
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1225211804
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1225242472
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1225266031
- Two rectangular cemeteries west of Kawhia (30km south of Raglan) given in the LINZ data don't seem to exist. Non-obvious place for them, but perhaps they are historic? I don't see anything about them in the council's website, so not active anyway and no sign of them in Bing imagery. Uploaded as "boundary=cemetery" with a fixme tag.
- Three dubious cemetery_poly NE, E, and SE of Methven. Changed to boundary=cemetery and added fixme=verify tags.
- In the process of uploading grave_yard points, this weird one came up in Lower Hutt - there doesn't seem to be a graveyard there at all? I'm not quite sure of the process to correct this data so I've left it in at the moment.
- ID: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3011934790#map=19/-41.21167/174.89742
- LINZ2OSM http://linz2osm.openstreetmap.org.nz/workslices/2434/show/
- -- Reported by Howdystranger (talk) 09:22, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- Lake split in two: (artifact also seen in 1:50k series topo map)