Mapathon/US Autumn Mapathon 2015
The 11th U.S. national Mapathon will be held in conjunction with Geography Awareness Week 16 - 22 Novermber 2015. Let's get together and make the best map of the world even better!
What do I need to know to host an event?
- Please use the Slack channel to coordinate local events! Event organizers should send an email to email@example.com to join the channel.
- The rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #mapathon in the comment.
- Use MapRoulette or the Battle Grid to jump start editing!
- Make use the Strava running and cycling tile layers to help map large trail networks.
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event. This is a great opportunity to incorporate Mapillary and FieldPapers to your events.
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Collect name and email from attendees, keep them to yourself. This information is to send on a feedback survey and only for survey purposes.
|City||Dates and Times||Venue||Contact||Event link|
|Washington, DC||16 November||TBD||Steven Johnson||Autumn 2015 Mapathon|