Mapathon/US Summer Mapathon 2015
< MapathonJump to navigation Jump to search
The 10th U.S. national Mapathon will be held in in the weekend of Aug 1-2 2015. Let's get together and make the best map of the world even better!
What do I need to know to host an event?
- We have a Slack channel for all organizers of local events! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
- The rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #mapathon in the comment.
- Use MapRoulette or the Battle Grid to jump start editing!
- Make use the Strava running and cycling tile layers to help map large trail networks.
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event.
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Collect name and email from attendees, keep them to yourself. This information is to send on a feedback survey and only for survey purposes.
|City||Dates and Times||Venue||Contact||Event link|
|St. Louis||August 2nd||St. Louis Zoo||Eleanor Tutt||Mapathon at the Zoo|
|Salt Lake City||Aug 1st||TBD||Martijn van Exel (talk)||TBD|
|MapCamp! - South Park, CO||July 24-26||Great Outdoors||Russell Deffner||OSMCO MapCamp!|
|Lexington, KY||August 1st, 3-5pm||West Sixth Brewery - Beer Garden||Jessi Breen|
|Austin, TX||August 1st||ObjectRocket, 300 West 6th Street, Suite 900||Andy Wilson||ATX OSG / MaptimeATX|
|Boston, MA||Aug 2, 1-5pm||Mapkin HQ, 35 Kingston St.||Lars Ahlzen||OSM-Boston|
|Hampton Roads, VA||Aug 1, 11-3pm||Aid Data / ITPIR Office, 427 Scotland Street, Williamsburg, VA||Jonah Adkins||MaptimeHRVA|