Mapathon/US Winter Mapathon 2015
< MapathonJump to navigation Jump to search
The 9th U.S. national Mapathon will be held in in the weekend of TBD. Let's get together and make the best map of the world even better!
|City||Dates and Times||Venue||Contact||Event link|
|Add your city!|
What do I need to know to host an event?
- The rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #mapathon in the comment.
- Use MapRoulette or the Battle Grid to jump start editing!
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event.
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Collect name and email from attendees, keep them to yourself. This information is to send on a feedback survey and only for survey purposes.