Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Merge admin boundaries and place nodes (where within 2 levels of rank)
- Modify Voronoi algorithm to take account of known fixed boundaries
- Native postgresql Voronoi
- Additional per-country index to speed up searches within country - might require better county polygons in OSM?
- Various problems with German postfixes / abbreviations
- Performance - indexing is far too slow. Test clustering and polygon generation to see effects
- Move to hstore for name storage for compatibility
- Import minute change sets so index fully up to date
- (TODO) Assign UUID to features. Ideally UUID should be consistent between nominatim systems! (is that even possible?!?)
- (TODO) Generate indexes in memory
- (TODO) Re-write search logic in java.
- Use statistics to estimate phrase importance to improve ordering of search graph
- Change all scoring functions to a 0 to 1 scale so scores can be calculated using multiple factors
- Re-score strings after index search (index is lossy, we should recheck - perfect matches should beat transliterations)
- (TODO) Options for fallback to high level feature when low level features missing (i.e. town when street not yet present)
- (TODO) 'Did you means' Suggestions. Can't use standard - too many words and phrases (too slow) - so:
- High level admin features only?
- Modified levenshtein btree?
- Geographic indexing of suggestions?
- Word context based indexing?
- Allow detailed / structured search terms in query (i.e. country=DE&city=Berlin)
- (partially done) Search for amenities by tag pair
- Search graph to take account of in / nearest rather than just dropping them (partially done)
- Multilingual support for nearest / in / im (possible list of words in wiki (Name_finder:Translations)
- (TODO) Searching for street intersections
- (FAILED) Provide option to use postgresql full text search module as alternative indexing method
- (TODO) Better formatting of address output (address format def on wiki? crowdsource?)
- (TODO) Indexing support for autocomplete text entry (prefix search)
(TODO) Re-factor and reorganise the code - its a bit of a mess!
- Minor index change required to make this efficient, but requires complete re-index of planet
- xml interface
- Visual representation of address 'graph' to help people debug
- (TODO) Provide export files (xml?) at various detail levels
- Structured? (in progress)
- (TODO) Provide postgresql dump file to get people started?