OSM Map On Garmin/WINE MapSource
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Steps to do:
- Download MapSource_6137.exe from the Garmin webpage.
- Use 7-Zip to unpack the exe to some directory: 7z x MapSource_6137.exe
- Install MAIN.msi: wine start MAIN.msi
- Install MapSource: wine MapSource.exe
- Get one of the MapSource Installers from here and install it: wine Setup_OSM-Germany-2008-06-11.exe
- wine doesn't support usb, so you need the garmin_gps module. If it's installed on your system, it should load automatically after attaching your device and switching it on.
- You should now have a device ttyUSB0, which you need to symlink as com1 for wine: ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1
- Run MapSource: wine ~/.wine/drive_c/MapSource/MapSource.exe
- Go to Settings -> Transfer, there you can select a serial port. Select COM1.
- Click the map selection tool from the buttons and select an area.
- Select Transfer -> Transfer to device. If everything went fine, it'll detect your garmin device attached to the serial port and you can start your upload.