Products / Services
- OpenCage operates a geocoding API based on open data sources.
- OpenCage sponsors the development of Nominatim
- OpenCage has sponsored numerous SotM conferences
- OpenCage sponsors and organizes the Geomob geo innovation events (in-person in various European cities and online) and the Geomob podcast
- The OpenCage blog regularly features interviews with OpenStreetMap communities and developers
Affiliations / Memberships
- OpenCage has been corporate members of the OpenStreetMap Foundation for many years
- OpenCage is a member of FOSSGIS eV
- OpenCage is a member of OSMUK
OpenCage started in 2013 as a project within Lokku Ltd, a UK-based company with a long history of using and supporting OpenStreetMap. Lokku's primary product was the real estate search engine Nestoria, the first commercial users of OpenStreetMap OSM blog post. In May 2015 Lokku was acquired, and the OpenCage project was spun out into an independent company (OpenCage Data Ltd, UK Reg. no. 09485974), and has run independently ever since. In July of 2019 the business changed legal jurisdictions to Germany and became OpenCage GmbH company details.
OpenCage was founded by: