Open Historical Map/Projects/Thurgau
Project to cover the Canton of Thurgau in Switzerland better in OHM
- several pre-historic sites that can be mapped: Pfyn (-3707 to -3702), Arbon Bleiche etc
- multiple Roman settlements that should be mapped: Pfyn, Arbon, Eschenz, (Konstanz), as well as Roman villas and roads
- some castles, fortified cities (Arbon)
The overview of the Sulzberger map has been used to add a road network as-of 1838 to OHM. Other maps are not available in the required detail.
- Sulzberger map 1838: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:6526410-maximum_Sulzberger1838.jpg [individual sheets not PD]
- Dufour map [not PD]
- Siegfried map [not PD]
- Orthofoto 1946 first one, then starting 1980s [maybe use 2017 from OSM, others unclear?]
railroads were built in the 1850s and 1860s, so mapping those is interesting.
Frauenfeld has been mapped using the detailed sheet of the Sulzberger map 1838 (buildings still missing).
- ETH search (maps, aerial photos etc): https://search.library.ethz.ch/primo-explore/search?vid=DADS&lang=de_DE
- Denkmaldatenbank (Hinweisinventar)