Organised Editing/Activities/EducateGirls India
For every year that a girl is enrolled in school, she is more likely to avoid early marriage and to survive childbirth. She will be less likely to suffer domestic violence, or be trafficked, and will have a higher future income. She will have a smaller, healthier family and will be 50% more likely to immunize her kids. She’ll leave her mark on future generations, as climate scientists rank girls’ education as number six out of 80 actions that can reverse global warming. And she’ll be twice as likely to educate her own girls — keeping the cycle going. Yet despite all these proven economic and societal benefits, across the globe, millions of girls are still excluded from school because of their gender. India is home to one of the largest such populations, with more than 4.1 million girls outside the classroom. Educate Girls are supporting 1.6 million girls in rural India to gain access to education, and you can help them by mapping and validating villages in rural India.
- Geoffrey Kateregga
- Saikat Maiti
- S.Rashmita Patro
- Naveen Francis
Starting: March 2020
Ending: December 2020
Remote Mapping Coordination
- Projects:- https://tasks.hotosm.org/explore?organisation=Educate%20Girls
- Missing Maps:- http://www.missingmaps.org/leaderboards/#/educategirls
|8289||JAITPUR TAHSIL BUILDINGS, SHAHDOL||88||3|
|8174||SINGRAULI TAHSIL BUILDINGS, MADHYA PRADESH||100||98|
|8052||SIRATHU BUILDINGS, KAUSHAMBI - UTTAR PRADESH||97||44|
|8172||CHITRANGI BUILDINGS, SINGRAULI - MADHYA PRADESH||100||5|
|8173||DEOSAR BUILDINGS, SINGRAULI - MADHYA PRADESH||100||4|
|8055||ALLAHABAD BUILDINGS, KAUSHAMBI - UTTAR PRADESH||74||43|
|8054||CHAIL BUILDINGS, KAUSHAMBI - UTTAR PRADESH||93||10|
|8053||MANJHANPUR BUILDINGS, KAUSHAMBI - UTTAR PRADESH||88||84|
|8718||CHURHAT TAHSIL BUILDINGS, SHIDHI DISTRICT||100||0|
|8730||NARAINI BUILDINGS, BANDA DISTRICT||96||16|
|8731||ATTARA BUILDINGS, BANDA DISTRICT||90||2|
|8732||BANDA 1 BUILDINGS||59||2|
|8733||BANDA 2 BUILDINGS||98||2|
|8734||RAMPUR NAIKIN TAHSIL BUILDINGS, SIDHI DISTRICT||100||3|
|8736||MAJHAULI TAHSIL BUILDINGS, SIDHI DISTRICT||100||17|
|8738||SIHAWAL TAHSIL BUILDINGS, SIDHI DISTRICT||100||1|
|8740||GOPADBANAS TAHSIL, BANDA DISTRICT||100||0|
|8741||PALI TAHSIL BUILDINGS, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||99||1|
|8744||BEOHARI TAHSIL BUILDINGS, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||93||0|
|8745||MAU BUILDINGS, CHITRAKOOT DISTRICT||93||0|
|8966||KARWI 1, CHITRAKOOT DISTRICT||90||3|
|8967||KARWI 2, CHITRAKOOT DISTRICT||97||4|
|8968||KARWI 3, CHITRAKOOT DISTRICT||94||0|
|8969||BABERU 1, BANDA DISTRICT||80||1|
|8970||BABERU 2, BANDA DISTRICT||55||1|
|8971||KUSMI 1, SIDHI DISTRICT||100||0|
|8972||KUSMI 2, SIDHI DISTRICT||92||5|
|8973||JAISINGHNAGAR 1, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||100||0|
|8975||JAISINGHNAGAR 2, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||80||1|
|8976||SOHAGPUR 1, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||88||1|
|8977||SOHAGPUR 2, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||100||1|
|8978||RAJENDRAGRAM 1, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||100||0|
|8979||RAJENDRAGRAM 2, SHAHDOL DISTRICT||48||0|
- Missing Maps Volunteers
- Local Community Mappers
- Local YouthMappers chapters
- HOT Corporate Mapathons
Measuring our Success
Success will be measured in number of buildings added to the map
Project Specific Mapping Notes
- `Maxar Imagery is the most recent imagery for the area, though offset from existing mapping in some areas. Please use Maxar Imagery for mapping this task.` In places covered with clouds, please use Bing Imagery.
- Please improve existing incorrectly mapped elements by moving and adjusting, rather than deleting, if they do not line up with the imagery.
- Please align mapped features (buildings/infrastructure) in each task to the imagery.
- Use Maxar imagery. You are free to check other imagery, but it may be older and/or offset with existing mapping.
- Only If you have a task that is either cloudy or no hi-resolution imagery available, then please feel free to mark the task as Bad Imagery. Often on slower connections it takes a moment for the imagery to start tiling in. Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- Most buildings are rectangular, after drawing the outline, use the 's' key in the iD web editor to "square" the corners.
- For circular buildings there is the 'o' key in the iD editor to create a circular structure.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines. In the iD web editor, holding down the "alt" key will keep nodes of "snapping" to each other and accidentally connecting.
- In the iD web editor, the first time you map a building you will use the "Building Features" category and then at the top of the list select "Building" again, this is the most generic building tag we can use as we almost never can tell the more specific use of any building from imagery alone.
- If you have personal knowledge of a building, please add that information to the building, like the name or type of building (hospital, school, gas station, etc)Please map roads and major paths as completely as possible by connecting them to the main road networks where ever possible.
Every completed task is analyzed by the validators, following the Tasking Manager steps, OSMCha is also be used to identify and correct the remaining mistakes.? For HOT coorporate mapathons, HOT will be responsible for validation
Results will be posted here