Państwowy Rejestr Granic
Państwowy Rejestr Granic ("National Register of Boundaries") often shortened to PRG, is an official database maintained by Polish government agency GUGiK. It includes, as expected based on name, borders of various kinds, ranging from national border of Poland, through lower administrative boundaries to boundaries of forest departments, coverage of fire departments and borders of ports. But it includes also addresses.
In other words, we can use it for mapping in OpenStreetMap.
Processed dataset of addresses is also present at https://budynki.openstreetmap.org.pl/ in format allowing easy imports into OSM. Addresses and buildings likely already present in OpenStreetMap are filtered out. It still mandatory to review what is getting imported!
Address data quality
Decent chunk of addresses was imported already, but note that quality of remaining differs widely. Data is supplied by local government what means that quality may range from excellent to "no data supplied, despite legal obligation" to even worse, incorrect/malformed/outdated/broken entries.
Note that in some cases addresses are assigned but no buildings are constructed. In some cases it is unlikely or impossible for new buildings to be constructed.
Border data quality
Note that border data, including national border is not free from errors. There are long sections without serious errors, but there is also place where border between Poland and Belarus is offset 36m from real one.
Problem was reported to institution responsible for PRG. On 2021-12-23 he also reported problem to Border Guard that, according to database operator, should send a fixed data.
Known issues include:
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/1012403876#map=19/53.86036/23.52980 - actual border goes through middle of the lock, PRG has a different data
- weird spike just next to Polish-Lithuania-Belarus tripple point
GUGiK maintaining PRG claims to be not responsible for any mistakes and that it only aggregates data, with national boundary provided by Straż Graniczna (Border Guard) and additional institutions for maritime boundary ("właściwe organy administracji morskiej").
GUGiK and border guard were contacted by multiple people about the problem, last time board guard was contacted on 2023-01-29.
- Rejestr Szkół i Placówek Oświatowych - official register of schools in Poland, in many aspects the situation is very similar
- Pl:Importy oficjalnych danych państwowych - properly reviewed import via https://budynki.openstreetmap.org.pl/ documented and registered (in section for year 2020)
- Github repository of code powering https://budynki.openstreetmap.org.pl/ that allows easy import of addresses and buildings from official data (addresses are from PRG)
- Państwowy rejestr granic i powierzchni jednostek podziałów terytorialnych kraju. Dz.U.12.199 ROZPORZĄDZENIE RADY MINISTRÓW z dnia 10 stycznia 2012 r. w sprawie państwowego rejestru granic i powierzchni jednostek podziałów terytorialnych kraju
http://www.gugik.gov.pl/pzgik/dane-bez-oplat/dane-z-panstwowego-rejestru-granic-i-powierzchni-jednostek-podzialow-terytorialnych-kraju-prg - "PRG - Granice Specjalne", "PRG - jednostki administracyjne"
- 36m offset is at https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1948818521#map=19/52.52061/23.42177 shown on https://www.academia.edu/61132969/Granice_państwowe_Polski_niezgodności_w_danych_geodezyjnych_i_statystycznych - page 14 it is offset 36m from boundary and 51.5m from actual position of border marker
- User:Mateusz Konieczny made report on 2021-12-15, see also https://www.facebook.com/HonorowyPoludnikKrakowski/posts/4775859805757847
- information received by User:Mateusz Konieczny after notifying GUGiK about mistakes in PRG dataset