Philippines/Events/Open Data Day 2013
Open Data Day is an international gathering of people in places around the world to write applications, liberate data, create visualizations and publish analysis using open public data.
In the Philippines, we will be celebrating this event on February 23, 2013 in Quezon City.
In celebration of Open Data Day 2013, the OpenStreetMap Philippines community and the Environmental Science for Social Change will host a day of mapping, skill sharing and data hacking.
The goal is to connect people who are interested to use OSM, its related technology, and other open datasets for development.
- Do you have a project that needs mapping data?
- Do you have an interesting data you want OSM to use.
- Does you organization provide open data that you want others to use in various and unexpected ways?
This is an open event, if you have projects or interests related to OSM and open data, you will find people to discuss the details with you.
When and Where
Date and Time: February 23, 2013 (Saturday), 9:00am to 6:00pm
Venue: Environmental Science for Social Change, Manila Observatory, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City (map)
|09:00 - 09:30||Registration of participants|
|09:30 - 10:00||Introduction to the event|
|10:00 - 11:00||Lightning talks of project ideas|
|11:00 - 12:00||Split into groups and start working on specific projects|
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch break|
|13:00 - 16:00||Continue working on projects|
|16:00 - 17:00||Lightning talks on project output|
What to hack/map
- Improving OpenStreetMap coverage around key cities and municipalities of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) to support ARMM Open Governance IT Project (ARMM Open Reports). ARMM staff need help in getting started with editing OpenStreetMap.
- DSWD Open Data Initiatives (http://m.dswd.gov.ph/). DSWD is opening up several geographic datasets and would like to encourage others to use the data in various ways.
- Ateneo School of Governance (ASOG) Inclusive Mobility mapping of public transport terminals in Metro Manila. Help locate public transport terminals and hubs of Metro Manila.
- Help translate Project NOAH website into your own language.
- Trace data in OSM to help the Humanitarian OSM Team (HOT) in the Mali crisis.
- DOH Health Facility Mapping
- Add your topic here.
What should you bring
- Yourself and your passion for creating maps that everyone can enjoy.
- Bring your own laptops.
Sign-up is not binding, but helps to plan the event. Our space is also limited (30 people). If you're planning to work or share on something specific, it may be a good idea to add that in the list above.
|Maning Sambale||Leonard Doyle||Gay Figueroa||Michael Cole|
|Ed Garcia||Jay-ar Ragub with GIZ partner LGUs (via G+ Hangout)||John Tepaurel||Allan Viz|
|Rally de Leon||Joel T. Tanangonan||James Fidelino||Jessie Linn Ablao|
|RK Aranas||Jay Balmes||Greg Galang||Joemar Mao Ebreo|
|Eugene Villar||Nico John Noel Diaz||Pia Parca||Lorenzo Jr Cordova|
|Boy Siojo||Drex de Leon||Mark Tupas||Gerald Q. Aguinaldo|
|Jeanine Garcia||Jen Alconis||Felino Castro||Mark Anthonie D. Bello|
|Rem Zamora||Narod Eco||Abdulhamid Alawi Jr||Liza Marie U. Rodriguez|
|David Garcia||Irene Crisologo||1 staff from ARMM||Wily Rada|
|Jed Lopez||Marc Tabia||John Ernest||Yanirze L. Concepcion|
Google+ Hangout Event page https://plus.google.com/events/c3e56gdingmj4m7238n9c16oa9s?authkey=CLi-jIGOoMHdrwE
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/200206363454234/
Eventbrite page: http://opendataday2013ph.eventbrite.com/
Google Docs http://bit.ly/WY4pS5
- ESSC for the venue and other facilities.
- Georepublic for lunch.
- If you want to sponsor anything, just send a message to the mailinglist (http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-ph)