|Status:||De facto (active)|
|Definition:||for advertising elements like billboards and advertising columns (morris columns)|
|This tag being a De Facto standard, this page is not maintained any more, and readers should refer from now on to advertising=* or its localized translations. Please make additions on the feature page and not on this proposal page.|
This is a proposal for a new key advertising=* to tag advertising objects.
As of 2016-04, the proposed key has reached over 20000 uses. The feature pages have been marked as De Facto usage.
Advertising signs, screens and other objects are often landmarks and used by people to orientate in the landscape or used as waypoints when they describe directions to other people. They often play an important role in defining what a particular site or area really looks like, so omitting them would be a pity.
Used to describe advertising
|advertising||sign||Advertising signs, also neon signs (use luminous) and logos|
|advertising||wall_painting||Advertising wall paintings|
This table is a wiki template with a default description in English. Editable here.
- luminous=* - the object is light emitting, e.g. neon lights
- animated=* - the object is animated
- revolving=* - the object is turning. Interesting for columns, but probably for other objects, too.
In some cases it might be useful to have one or more of the following tags attached to further describe the advertising object.
- faces=* - amount of "front faces", default is 1 (see also amenity=clock
- lit=* - the object is lit
- direction=* - to define the orientation of the billboard (exposure to the ad depends on this)
- height=* - the height of the advertising object.
- width=* - the width of the advertising object.
- ref=* - can be used to add a (e.g. registration) number, useful in some areas where a formal permit is required to set up advertising.
- informal=yes - can be added for advertising in areas where formal permit would be required but the object was mounted without this permit.
- operator=* - the company that operates the billboard
- visibility=* - see amenity=clock
- billboard_count=* - number of billboards when using advertising=small_billboards
- level=* - to define if the billboard is underground use -1 (eg. for subway advertising)
- support=wall_mounted - can be added for billboard fixed on the wall.