Proposed features/Border Control
|Proposal status:||Abandoned (inactive)|
|Rendered as:||Little Flag(?) or|
Two definitions can match this feature depending on the votes:
- Intersection of a country border and a road or
- Temporary or permanently manned place used to control people / good transits between two countries.
To know where to cross a border.
I'd suggest a little flag - ideally a different color on each side of the border. It should not necessarely be the national flag - blue / red would perfectly fill the need.
<svg:symbol id="border_control" viewBox="0 0 100 100"> <svg:path d="M 98 50 A 48 48 0 1 1 2,50 A 48 48 0 1 1 98 50 z" style="fill:#ffffff;stroke:#000000;stroke-width:5;" /> <svg:pathd="M 91.889244,74.081667 L 50.178574,74.081667 L 8.4679028,74.081667 L 29.323238,37.959167 L 50.178574,1.8366661 L 71.033909,37.959166 L 91.889244,74.081667 z " style="opacity:1;fill:#000000;stroke:#000000;stroke-width:3;"/> </svg:symbol>
--Dido 19:13, 10 July 2007 (BST)
I'd like to propose this symbol: (without the German text). This is used in many countries. -- 3247 18:43, 21 October 2007 (BST)
- i´ vote for 3247 symbol, same used in Spain--Sergionaranja 11:49, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
I suggest the following:
- Key: country=*
- Value : ISO 3166 country-code (GB, DE, FR, ...) of the relevant authority. The proposal for an embassy tag has a similar tag: Proposed_features/Embassy#Country
- Key: opening_hours=*
- Value : Permanent, Business hours, Occasional
- Do we want to mark roads crossing borders where there is no control (for instance between Schengen States) ?
- It is certainly nice to know as a cyclist that one CAN actually cross for sure at a particular point and are not going to find barbed-wire across the road. But that is a border crossing not a border control; a seperate issue perhaps? I can't think of a good solution at present. MikeCollinson 08:38, 11 June 2007 (BST)
- Even between Schengen States, there are still border control points. It's just that they are not used most of the time. -- 3247 18:31, 21 October 2007 (BST)
- Do we already have a standard to represent Opening_Hours ?
Might this be better as a barrier rather than an amenity? Are we tagging the building or the crossing point? --Hawke 22:06, 11 June 2007 (BST)
Would this be better implemented as checkpoint= border, which would allow for other types of governmental/non governmental checkpoints to be added to maps more generally? ShakespeareFan00 23:28, 22 October 2007 (BST)
I approve this proposal. MikeCollinson 08:39, 11 June 2007 (BST)
I reject this proposal in its current form. --Hawke 22:07, 11 June 2007 (BST)
I reject this proposal in its current form. ShakespeareFan00 21:32, 19 February 2008 (UTC)