|This tag is obsolete by "amenity=give_box".|
|Definition:||Used to mark the location where people drop off and pick up 2nd hand goods in the sense of free sharing.|
A reuse (i.e. swap or free-to-take) is a facility where people drop off and pick up goods in the sense of free sharing and reuse. The facility is usually a small box or shelf. It might be dedicated to one kind of goods (e.g. books).
Usually those facilities are run at cafes, pubs, community centres, cinemas, clubhouses or other leisure activity places and the operator of those facilities is only the host (i.e. only checks whether the items are allowed).
- reuse=box/shelf (type of facility)
- reuse:books=yes/only (if the reuse is also or only for books)
- opening_hours=* (if the facility is in a shop, cafe etc)
- ref=* (if the reuse has a reference number)
- name=* (if the reuse has a name)
Some further ideas for more detailed tagging are being discussed at Proposed_features/Extend_reuse
Pictures are following.
Related terms: ‹ free_library › ‹ public_bookcase › ‹ give-away_shop ›