Proposed features/coast guard
|Definition:||A building housing the Coast Guard administrative offices|
A coast guard or coastguard is a national organization responsible for various services at sea. However the term implies widely different responsibilities in different countries, from being a heavily armed military force with customs and security duties to being a volunteer organisation tasked with search and rescue functions and lacking any law enforcement powers.
- why the tag is needed, considering significance and potential uses of the data
- names, locations, rough idea of numbers (e.g. one on every street corner, several in each suburb in Germany, half a dozen in each South American country)
A building housing the Coast Guard administrative offices. (Natural Resources Canada - CanVec Map Features Definition Code 2010070 (node) & 2010072 (area))
the category the tag falls under (man_made, waterway, tourism, etc,), with a justification of why other similar categories are not suitable (for instance, there may be too many to map individually - such as residential properties in which case a landuse tag would be of more use if they are grouped closely enough?) the name of the tag itself - keep it as short as possible (15 characters is generally as long as they get), whilst still being logical, descriptive enough to need little explanation and not overlapping with another tag in a different category other significant tags to describe specific instances of the item (e.g. author for a work of art, contents for a pipeline, etc.) generic tags that are re-used extensively (e.g. name, operator, access, etc.)
- When used as a building area, include building=yes
Nodes, ways or areas; when considering nodes vs. areas: generally, if an item is smaller than 5m by 5m, it would not be mapped as an area, but as a node.
Rendering - not a part of the proposals process as such, but hints for the renderer maintainer will help them out. maybe a description of an icon, or an example mock-up
- I approve this proposal. Useful feature Vovkav 19:01, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Yarl ✉ 18:20, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Andygates A coastguard station is of similar importance to police, fire, etc for coastal regions. 22:41 10 jul 2010
- I approve this proposal. ChrisParkerVery important, especially since they are on the OS Streetview Maps! --http://chris-researchblog.blogspot.com/ 18:03, 4 August 2010 (BST)