Proposal:Fire alarm box
|Proposal status:||Approved (active)|
|Definition:||A device placed on public land used for notifying a fire department of a fire.|
|The Feature Page for the approved proposal Fire Alarm Box is located at Tag:emergency=fire_alarm_box|
The content of this proposal has been archived to avoid confusion with the current version of the documentation.
Add a tag for fire alarm call boxes. A fire alarm box, fire alarm call box, or fire alarm pull box is a device used for notifying a fire department of a fire. Typically installed on street corners or in buildings. These are only for calling the fire department (or the police, in case they're dual-purpose). Not to be confused with alarm boxes installed in private areas.
Cities like San Francisco rely on this type of boxes for emergencies because they offer redundancy over other communication systems, like cell phones. In San Francisco these boxes have been reinforced to resist the strongest quakes and are considered to be a redundancy tool in case of emergency. These are placed usually every 2 blocks.
Many of these have already been mapped in San Francisco and other places: https://overpass-turbo.eu/?w=%22emergency%22%3D%22fire_alarm_box%22+global&R
Please comment on the discussion page.
- Log in to the wiki if you are not already logged in.
- Scroll down to voting and click 'Edit source'. Copy and paste the appropriate code from this table on its own line at the bottom of the text area:
|To get this output||you type||Description|
||Feel free to also explain why you support proposal.|
||Replace reason with your reason(s) for voting no.|
||If you don't want to vote but have comments. Replace comments with your comments.|
~~~~automatically inserts your name and the current date.
For full template documentation see Template:Vote. See also how vote outcome is processed.
- I approve this proposal. – Minh Nguyễn 💬 00:44, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Dieterdreist (talk) 08:02, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I see no serious problems. Though "Rendering" section should be titled "Possible rendering" Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 14:14, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. — User:Raubraupe (02.12.18 07:17 UTC)
- I approve this proposal. -- I'd like to also see a tag for indoor fire alarm activation, but I think it's a good idea to keep these separate. -- Discostu36 (talk) 12:23, 5 December 2018 (UTC)