|Definition:||Key for mapping the physical condition under which a given traffic way is flooded.|
The purpose of the key is to map the physical condition under which a given traffic way is flooded.
- Tidal roads and paths:
flooded = high_tide
- In some countries certain river beds are used as roads, which cannot be passed by cars during the rainy season:
flooded = rainy_season
The new key proposed here can be a significant help for route-planning.
- Unified notation for tidal traffic ways and traffic ways that are flooded in the rainy season.
- General applicability. The feature can be used for roads as well as for any other traffic way. (see Proposed features/Tidal_road and Proposed features/Tidal_path)
Why not use access=* or opening_hours=* instead of a new key?
Because access and opening_hours stand for legal restrictions whereas flooded stands for physical conditions. These types of information are independent and should consequently be tagged independently.
The values describe the condition under which the traffic way is flooded:
- flooded = rainy_season
- flooded = high_tide
- Key:flood_prone - previous tagging of dangerous areas
- Proposed features/Tidal_road
- Proposed features/Tidal_path