Proposed features/lane and lane group/Example 01
This is an example for the lane and lane group proposal.
It features a two-lane road with a cycleway for each direction and a single footway. The mapper decided to draw one of the cycleways as an own way. The lanes have different surfaces (asphalt, cobblestone on the footway) and widths.
The example is also available as an .osm file that can be edited in JOSM or any text editor.
The example consists of
- a highway that is tagged as usual:
- a separate way for the right cycleway:
- relation for right vehicle lane:
- relation for left vehicle lane:
- relation for left cycleway:
- relation for footway (on the left):
- and a relation to group all this together
- with the following members:
- highway, as "highway"
- right cycleway, as "2"
- right vehicle lane, as "1"
- left vehicle lane, as "-1"
- left cycleway, as "-2"
- footway, as "-3"
(0 would be the middle between the directions (normally))