|The Feature Page for this approved proposal is located at Key:sauna|
|Proposal status:||Approved (active)|
|Definition:||Allow specifying the sauna type in addition to the existing leisure=sauna.|
All saunas are currently marked leisure=sauna. Also the key sauna=* is used, but mainly for marking hotels etc. as sauna=yes. Some users have already used the sauna key for specifying the type of the sauna. The actual amenity in which the sauna is (hotel, spa, brothel etc.) should be tagged separately, with the sauna=* signifying the type of sauna(s) it contains.
There are many distinct types of sauna, and often in spas and other larger establisments there are more than one nearby.
The type of sauna strongly alters the experience. In Finland there's a hot sauna in a significant portion of all habitable buildings, and other types of saunas are used in middle Europe less densely.
The proposal only contains the actual sauna feature, not the other amenities in the same facility – for example swimming pools, hot tubs etc.
|sauna=yes||General purpose value. Use only with features other than leisure=sauna when sauna is not mapped separately.|
|sauna=hot||A Finnish-style sauna with a temperature of over 60°C because of the water thrown on the rocks of the stove. This kind of sauna is relatively dry because of the high temperature.|
|sauna=steam||A Turkish-style steam sauna with a lower temperature and limited visibility because of the steam generated.|
|sauna=smoke||A Finnish-style hot sauna in which the stove has no chimney but instead the smoke fills the room when the sauna is prepared, and the smoke is then ventilated out when the sauna is ready.|
|sauna=dry||A non-steam dry sauna in which water is not thrown on the stove.|
|sauna=hanjeungmak||A Korean-style hot and dry sauna, in which water is not thrown on the stove.|
|sauna=aroma||A sauna that constantly has an aroma. A Finnish sauna with occasional aroma liquid added to the water is tagged as sauna=hot.|
|sauna=infrared||A sauna-like construction that is used for infrared therapy.|
Multiple values in the same location should be separated with a semicolon.
The main tag only describes the sauna type (”how it feels like”). In addition I've added to the proposal the more specific subkeys that describe other features:
|sauna:fuel=wood||Sauna is heated with wood.|
|sauna:fuel=electricity||The sauna is heated with electricity.|
|sauna:fuel=gas||The sauna is heated with gas.|
|sauna:heating=once||The sauna is heated before using it and heating is not continued during usage.|
|sauna:heating=continuous||Heating the sauna is continued during usage.|
|sauna:temperature=*||The designated temperature of the sauna when in use (if any). If the temperature depends on the people using the sauna, do not use this tag.|
|sauna:water:description=*||Description of the method the water is thrown on the stove (if any). By the users or by staff; how often; how much at once?|
- The feature has been discussed on #osm-fi@OFTC.
Please comment on the discussion page or send a post to the tagging mailing list.
- I approve this proposal. --EneaSuper (talk) 10:55, 2 July 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. just use it. I am not a sauna expert and have no idea whether these values make sense (they look as if, and the sauna part in the tag names makes conflicts with other tags really improbable). --Dieterdreist (talk) 16:37, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Looks good. It's a very comprehensive scheme and the tags make sense to me. Saunas are common here in Alaska where most of them are wood fired, and I tagged my first one today using this scheme. AlaskaDave (talk) 17:07, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
- interesting, there is the oven=wood_fired tag that comes to mind. We use it for Pizza restaurants but it could have an application also for saunas. —Dieterdreist (talk) 22:47, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Thanks for making a great proposal, looks good to me and was about time to be able to tag saunas appropriately. --Panoramedia (talk) 10:24, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Janko (talk) 10:31, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Cz ja (talk) 12:09, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Thanks for your hard work on this. 19:50, 29 June 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Maraf (talk) 12:12, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I am a casual sauna user and these tags describe all of the sauna types I have experienced and more. Valerietheblonde (talk) 15:19, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. sorcrosc (talk) 21:26, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Javiersanp (talk) 15:24, 2 July 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Michi (talk) 19:01, 2 July 2018 (UTC)