Proposed features/water well
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Definition:||for man made wells|
This is a proposal for tagging for wells proving water. Currently there is no defined tagging structure for wells, and a variety of keys seem to be in use, see below. It builds upon the long abandoned proposal Well_Water. Wells can be used for providing drinking water, watering plants, obtaining water for fighting fires, etc.
Particularly in developing countries wells are a major source of water. Not only is it important to actually put these on a map, but for routing applications etc, finding the nearest well could not only be important, but a life saver.
Applies to nodes.
- tag as man_made value=water_well
- depth = value <depth of the well in metres>
- drinkable = yes | no
- pump = manual | powered
- lining = value <type of material used to line the well brick|stone|clay|polymer|...>
Tagging in use prior to the proposal
The following tagging structures have been identified in the database where the value = well.
- man_made = well (139 occurances)
- amenity = well (8 occurances)
- historic = well (6 occurances)
- water = well (2 occurances)
- waterway = well (1 occurance)
- natural = well (1 occurance)
- note = well (2 occurances)
- tourism = well (1 occurance)
You van vote here for this proposed feature.