- Simon Poole has created a JOSM background layer based on Open Data from the Canton of Berne to help with mapping addresses.
- Martin Koppenhoefer opened a long-lasting discussion on the quirks of the current MAPS.ME edition and the consequent influx of new data into OSM.
- Fredy Rivera visited the "Cerro Machín", a very dangerous (because of its size and its position) assessed stratovolcano in Columbia with the habitants of the area to capture necessary data in OSM which can be helpful in case of an outbreak. (автоматический перевод)
- Martin Koppenhoefer asks if or how detailed 3D information should be in the OpenStreetMap database as he has serious problems giving complex 3D buildings regular tags.
- Pascal Neis reran his evaluation of "unmapped places" in OpenStreetMap on a current planet dump.
- The talk mailing list discussed about the tagging proposal process in relation to water, classification issues and tag usage.
- Amauri discusses how the needs of trekkers and bikers are not met on the Mapnik map at wide zoom levels. He begins discussion on a tagging based solution.
- Daniel Koć discussed on the tagging list schemes for a laundromats and parcel boxes.
- Despite the withdrawal of the proposal for
highway=social_path, the discussion continues on the Tagging mailing list. Simon Poole considers it to be one of the most bewildering threads he has ever seen on tagging.
- Want to help mapping for the Rio Olympics? There is a new task on OSM Columbia.
- Julien Fastré is the Belgian mapper of the month.
- Brogo contrasts (German) (автоматический перевод) income, donations and budgets of OSM based projects to show how little funding the core OpenStreetMap-Foundation receives.
- User Ikiya reported on the Shirakawa (Fukushima, Japan) mapping party (Japanese) (автоматический перевод) and the progress achieved as a result.
- Presenters for 30 minute sessions or 5 minute lightning talks are sought for the HOT Summit on September 22 in Brussels. The theme of the Summit is "OpenStreetMap, the Global HOT Community, and Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals." Submission deadline is June 30.
- A new project for disaster prevention is seeking funding, to create a mobile unit for the communal generation of free geographical information. Fredy Rivera is seeking 21,500,000 Columbian Pesos (about $7500 USD) with a pilot project of the Cerro Machin Volcano. More details.
- Gerald Ainomugisha reports in the Australian anthill about Jack Gonzales, the founder of the startup MapJam. Mapjam is priced below Google Maps for application developers wanting vector maps and uses OSM as a data source.
- The Speichenkarte (Deutsch) (автоматический перевод) which provides OSM Garmin maps for European cyclists has received a lot of improvements: contours, improved routing, Cobblestone, sac_scale, etc in its June 8 release.
- Mapquest Open will be turned off on July 11th. It has to been replaced at osm.org where it has been used as a selectable layer up to now. Richard Fairhurst mentions some alternatives on Twitter.
- User Escada is writing about his use cases of the online thematic map service MapContrib. A summary of new features of MapContrib version 0.8.0 has also been posted by developer Frederic.
- The new version (1.3) of GPX viewer and recorder for Windows 10 now integrates OSM in three versions, traffic information and new languages.
- The province of Nord Brabant in the Netherlands is using OpenStreetmap for the base map in its "Natuurpoorten" website (Dutch) (автоматический перевод). The site gives information about cycling and hiking activities in the province.
- Stefan Kaufmann is building a machine readable map of German public transport authorities on Github and tweets (German) seeking pull requests with GTFS data etc.
- OpenEventDatabase has published an open API for collecting events with geographic and temporal data (what, where, when).
- The Belgian Parliament has legislated the introduction of freedom of panorama. (Dutch) (автоматический перевод) The law will come into force ten days after the publication in the Official Gazette. There are also discussions in English on the talk-be the mailing list.
- Marble 1.14.1 is now also available for Windows with almost as many features as the Linux version.
- Martin Over publishes a beta version of his OpenDEM Tracker Android App to collect data for an Open Digital Elevation Model. Test it!
- William Temperley reports about his progress to import the OSM planet in Hadoop and seeks input from others using "big data" tools on OSM.
<input> field using OpenStreetMap.
- Some Redittors had a discussion about browser bookmarklets to jump from a Google map to the same location on OpenStreetMap.
- Michael Zangl, who's in the progress of cleaning up the JOSM core, wrote a summary about the progress of the first half of his GSoC project.
- Anandthakker experimented with convolutional neural networks to extract details in satellite images using OSM as training data and shows the results. (Via @anandthakker)
|Mapillary Android||2.24||2016-06-15||Some extensions and some bug fixes|
|Cruiser for Android||1.4.7||2016-06-16||Some updates|
|Cruiser for Desktop||1.2.6||2016-06-16|
- provided by the OSM Software Watchlist
А вы знаете …
- ... the Floating Piers from the artist Christo in OSM at Monte Isola. If you want to visit the installation, hurry up because after the 3rd of July the work will be dismantled and disappear from OSM as well. If you can't travel, there is a video and a webcam.
- The German artist and mapper, Max Newport has an installation exploring government censorship on South Korean maps, in particular golf courses.
Другие “гео” события
- La Nacion from Argentina reported (Spanish) (автоматический перевод) that the now newly opened huge Panama Canal expansion (OSM1) and (OSM2) comes at the worst possible time for the shipping trade.
- Krithika Vavagur reports in the Huffington Post on the mapping of the slums of Mathare, Nairobi. Google Maps has blank areas but OSM has detail which acts as an enabler for services to be delivered to residents. The Kenyan social enterprise SpatialCollective is mapping slum areas with the help of local young people.
- What happens when right-hand drive needs to change to left-hand traffic and vice-versa? This ;-) (And yes it's mapped on OSM)
- Heise online (German) (автоматический перевод) reports on the measure of success that retailers are having with Facebook's "local awareness" advertising. Users with smartphones are displayed advertisements of nearby businesses with sources claiming up to 12% of users visited the nearby business within a week of seeing the advertisement.
- AccessNow are trying to crowd-source mapping of handicapped accessible bars, restaurants and shops but the functionality seems not as good as Wheelmap.org. For displaying the POIs they use Google Maps.
|Barcelona||Ajuda a millorar la cartografia de l'Equador - 2a edició||22/06/2016||spain|
|Rapperswil||Swiss PG Day 2016||24/06/2016||switzerland|
|Sliač||Mapping párty Sliač||25/06/2016||slovakia|
|Colorado||Saturday Mapternoon, Evergreen||25/06/2016||united states|
|California||Import Party, Los Angeles||25/06/2016||united states|
|Rio de Janeiro||Rio Olympics Mapping||25/06/2016-26/06/2016||brazil|
|Antwerp||Missing Maps @ IPIS||29/06/2016||belgium|
|Valencia||Taller HOT UPV 2016||29/06/2016||spain|
|Bengaluru||OSM Hack Weekend in Mapbox||02/07/2016-03/07/2016||india|
|Shizuoka||OpenStreetMapワークショップ in 日本平 (Nihondaira)||02/07/2016||japan|
- Примечание: Если вы хотели бы видеть Ваше мероприятие здесь, пожалуйста, поместите его в календарь. Только данные из этого календаря появится в ЕженедельникеОСМ. Пожалуйста проверьте ваше событие в нашем публичном календаре, сделайте предпросмотр и исправьте его в случае изменений, если необходимо.
Этот выпуск подготовлен Hakuch, Laura Barroso, Nakaner, Peda, Rogehm, Softgrow, derFred, escada, jinalfoflia, malenki, mgehling, wambacher.