Salt Lake City, Utah
| Salt Lake City, Utah|
|latitude: 40.75, longitude: -111.883333|
|Browse map of Salt Lake City 40°45′00.00″ N, 111°53′00.00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Salt Lake City is a city in Utah at latitude 40°45′00.00″ North, longitude 111°53′00.00″ West.
|Local user group|
|When:||Geobeers every last Tuesday|
|Where:||The Bayou, Salt Lake City (map)|
|no mailing list|
Martijn van Exel founded a local User Group in September, 2011: OpenStreetMap Utah. We get together every last Tuesday of the month for Geobeers. Check out the Meetup page for these and other upcoming events!
If you are actively mapping in the Salt Lake City area or if you live in the area and are interested in OpenStreetMap, go to the web site and join the User Group and you'll automatically be notified of new events.
For the wider state level see also Utah#Community
- There are a lot of 'hamlets' that need clean up: Salt Lake County / Utah County / Davis County.
- Much of the existing data comes from the TIGER and GNIS imports. Both datasets suffer from being significantly out-of-alignment from reality. If you see an object that doesn't match up with where it should be, feel free to adjust it into line or redraw it in a more accurate location. The Yahoo imagery and GPS tracks tend to be accurate. TIGER data in the outer metropolitan areas is better aligned than that in the inner city.
- I have reclassified many of the Salt Lake City roads so they make sense. See: User:Kevina/Salt Lake City Highway Classification. Many areas can still use some work. Please help but first read: United States Road Classification Guidelines
- I ran a script to clean up the street names. See: User:Kevina/Salt Lake Grid Cleanup Script. There is still more work to do here.
- There is a blind OSM user in Salt Lake City, 84101, who would appreciate if anybody could add some information of special interest, see OSM for the blind for details.