SotM 2010 session: Libero Accesso… – mapping the accessibility
State Of The Map 2010 Session
State Of The Map 2010 presentation by Simone Gadenz
Mapping accessibility: what is the project about?
The presentation showed the preliminary results of the project "Libero Accesso...Accesso Libera Tutti!". It is participatory mapping process to assess and communicate the accessibility for people with reduced mobility of the urban area of Castelfiorentino.
The talk presented the following topics:
- the political and social context where the project deployed;
- the DI-CA.org mapping experience ;
- the mapping criteria defined by the active citizens;
- the accessibility model used;
- the preliminary results;
The next steps will be:
- publication of a geoportal providing a collaborative map of accessibility of the urban area;
- printing of a paper map of accessibility and accessible paths.
Further info: info at geologyx.it