State Of The Map/Planning/Logo and design
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
There are two main options for creating a logo...
- a logo competition
- prize can be a conference ticket, and perhaps associated books
- negative: asking for a professional service for free can be frowned upon
- accept a logo from the local team
- may have been created for the venue bidding process
- will likely make use of a good landmark
Inspiration can be sought from previous logos. The State of the Map 2009 logo was intended to be adapted and repeated each year.