|amenity = social_centre|
|A centre of fraternities, sororities, professional societies, union halls and other nonprofit organization.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
|This tag page is a stub. You can help OpenStreetMap by expanding it.
Similar pages for structural reference: Tag:railway=tram, Tag:waterway=dock.
This tag is used to map a building or facility where a support group, or other social group, meets. These facilities may be accessible to the general public, restricted to members, or otherwise controlled access. Do not use this tag for support group homes. Social centres are community spaces, not private homes. See the Wikipedia article for more information.
Example: an Anonymous alcoholics club
Uses in the United States of America
- fraternities and sororities, as at a college or university
- military and veterans organizations: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Anchors Aweigh Club, American Legion, et cetera
- fraternal organizations: Lions Club, Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club, et cetera
- professional societies: state Bar Association, American Mathematical Society, American Institute of Physics, et cetera
- union halls: Plumbers and Pipefitters, Education Association, United Auto Workers, et cetera
- any other nonprofit or tax-exempt private organization that does not qualify as a amenity=social facility or amenity=place of worship