|building = chapel|
|Building built as chapel|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a religious building, often pretty small. One can enter in it to pray or meditate.
How to map
Tag it with building=chapel.
A chapel is often part of a larger entity, such as a church, monastery but also non-religious entities such as schools, airports... In this case where it is not a separate building, it should not be mapped as a separate building, but amenity=place_of_worship can and should be mapped.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - The primary name: in general, the most prominent signposted name or the most common name in the local language(s)
- amenity=place_of_worship - A place where religious services are conducted
- religion=christian - Classify a religious feature (e.g. church) as Christian
- denomination=* - Defines the subspecies of a specific religion
- building=church - A building that was built as a church
- historic=wayside_shrine - (if it is not possible to enter.) A shrine often showing a religious depiction. Tag is used also for modern shrines