|building = church|
|A building that was built as a church|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A building that was built as a. It includes cases where building is no longer used for original purpose.
Note that some places regularly used as a place of Christian worship were not constructed as churches and may not qualify for that tag, for example an adapted residential building used a meeting place for a congregation.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - The primary name: in general, the most prominent signposted name or the most common name in the local language(s).
- amenity=place_of_worship (if still used as place of worship)
- building:use=* - useful to record current building use, especially if it is no longer religious
- religion=* - Defines the specific religion.
- denomination=* - Defines the subspecies of a specific religion.
- building:architecture=* - Architectural style of a building
- Address - "addr" is the prefix for several addr:* keys to describe addresses.
- opening_hours=* - Describes when something is open or closed. There is a specific standard format for this data.
- wheelchair=* - Indicate if a special place can be used with wheelchairs.
- website=* - Specifying the link to the official website for a feature.
- building=cathedral - A building that was built as a cathedral.
- building=chapel - Building built as chapel.
- building=mosque - A building that was built as a mosque.
- landuse=religious - An area used for religious purposes
- amenity=place_of_worship - A place where religious services are conducted
- man_made=tower + tower:type=bell_tower - Bell tower or church tower
- Church - page about tagging repurposed church buildings and places of worship in buildings not constructed as churches