|tower:type = bell_tower|
|Bell tower or church tower|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Group: man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Prominent (highly visible) church tower or.
How to map
Place a node or draw an area of the tower's outline and tag it with man_made=tower and tower:type=bell_tower.
In case of free standing bell tower add the tag building=bell_tower. If the bell tower is a part of a church building, the tower is mapped in 3D mapping as building:part=yes, if known also additionally with height=*.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - tower name
- opening_hours=* - describes when something is open or closed. There is a specific standard format for this data.
- historic=yes - for historic towers
- height=height - height in meters
- ruins=yes - if the tower is ruined
- bell_tower=campanile - free standing bell tower (derived from Italian campana - bell)
- bell_tower=klockstapel - free standing wooden belfry (in Northern Europe)
- bell_tower=bell_gable - flat belfry (Spanish Espadaña)
Possible tagging mistakes
Proposed_features amenity=bell - bell tagging proposal