Jump to navigation Jump to search
|highway = traffic_mirror|
|Mirror that reflects the traffic on one road when direct view is blocked.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A traffic mirror is a mirror that reflects the traffic on one road to the point where vehicles from another direction are waiting to turn onto this street and the direct view is blocked.
How to map
Place a node where the mirror is located and tag it with highway=traffic_mirror.
Or use the proposed relation to map it.
Mapping as relation
- Create relation type=traffic_mirror
- A node where you are waiting, looking at the mirror: role=from
- This is used if you have to give way to the other direction you can watch in the mirror.
- A node where you cross over after you have left the crossing: role=to
- This is used if from this point you do not have to give way to the street watched in the mirror (you don't really need it)
- highway=traffic_mirror for the pole with the node: role=mirror
This should be a bi-directional node.