Jump to navigation Jump to search
|historic = cannon|
|A historic/retired cannon. Usually found on forts or battlefields.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
This tag page is a stub. You can help OpenStreetMap by expanding it.|
Similar pages for structural reference: Tag:railway=tram, Tag:waterway=dock.
A historic/retired cannon which has become a tourist attraction or a museum exhibit and generally remains in one place (usually on forts or battlefields).
How to map
- Occasionally, decommissioned cannons and other military vehicles are used to commemorate people or events, which can be indicated by a name or an inscription somewhere on the installation. In this case, historic=memorial can be used. Do not tag cannons that commemorate nothing as memorials.
- name=* - name of the cannon
- tourism=attraction - to mark it as a tourist attraction
- description=* - cannon's description
- start_date=* - launch date
- wikipedia=* - cannon's Wikipedia page
- wikidata=* - cannon's Wikidata item
suggested by User:Chrisana13