|historic = tank|
|A decommissioned tank which generally remains in one place|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A tag for a decommissioned gate guardian. A tank is an armoured motor vehicle designed for front-line combat. Manoeuvrability is provided by tracks rather than rubber tyres. The main gun is mounted in a rotating turret.which generally remains in one place. Often a tourist attraction, monument, or
How to map
- Occasionally, decommissioned tanks and other military vehicles are used to commemorate people or events, which can be indicated by a name or an inscription somewhere on the installation. In this case, war_memorial=yes can be used. Do not tag tanks that commemorate nothing as memorials.
- For historic vehicles which are not tanks see historic=vehicle
- name=* - the name of this tank
- addr:*=* - the address of this tank
- operator=* - indicates the operator or name of the company operating this tank
- description=* - description for more informations
- start_date=* - for the launch date of the tank
- wikipedia=* - museum tanks may have a Wikipedia page which can be tagged here
- tourism=attraction - to mark it as a tourist attraction
- heritage=* - if registered by an official heritage organisation
- tank:model=* - for the tank model. tank:model:wikidata=* and tank:model:wikipedia=* can be added as well.
If the tank has some kind of tourism=* like a museum, it can be tagged as a separate node with own name and further information.