Jump to navigation Jump to search
|landuse = conservation|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Status and meaning is not clear
- see Proposed features/conservation ("land protected from development")
- see unexplained edit that marked it as deprecated, what was not changed for over three years
- see tagging mailing list thread where definition diverging from an original proposal was mentioned "primary human use of the land is to preserve it in a natural state. It is not necessary for any legal protected_area status to apply for this to be true." (and significant use in Massachusetts was mentioned)
- see Massachusetts/Conservation which has a documented use of the tag and a different definition ("land with conservation restrictions as well as conservation land owned by a government or land trust.")
- Is it necessary for land to be legally protected?
- Is it enough that land is in some protection mechanism such as land trust?
- Or is it enough that right now primary use is to protect natural state, even if there is no legal status if any kind protecting this?
- Carto issue #1826: "If and how to render landuse=conservation"