Edit a changeset comment after saving
Sometimes when making a change I accidentally leave the comment blank or enter an incorrect comment. Would someone explain to me how to edit or add a comment to a changeset as it doesn't immediately seem obvious. NeilEnnis
- Once the changeset has been closed, you can't. Alv 09:18, 28 August 2010 (BST)
- Most editors normally close a changeset when you 'save'. So normally no going back.
- You can set JOSM differently, and Potlatch is different by default... which can cause surprises/problems. Bit more info on this over at Good changeset comments#Caution when adding to an existing Changeset
- ...but yeah. Normally nothing you can do after saving.
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 21:31, 22 August 2016 (UTC)
Description out of date?
- Comment tags are not mandatory - e.g. perhaps an editor's workflow doesn't suit adding comments (c.f. potlatch live mode). I am using Potlatch 2 in live mode for my edits and a changeset is proposed when I use the "save-button". So I assume that this description was for Potlatch and not for Potlatch 2, where the link now is redirected. Could anyone knowing more of that make a correction or include a better example? --Rennhenn 13:26, 16 December 2012 (UTC)