Non-numeric house numbers (fixed)
nice tool but it is difficult to use in germany because it is not possible to note housenumbers like the german variantes with letters and the combination with full-numbers.
example: 23/23a 23a 23a-h 23-27
--Lübeck 19:45, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed. If you're lucky, someone will write you a version with a full keyboard. And it would also be nice if someone rewrote it to make use of the compass direction (on supported devices), esp when the speed is too low. -- Nic 23:21, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- a full keyboard isn't needed: just add a "variant" key. E.g. you will have the sequence
29 29v 29v
- and it would be parsed to osm tags (I note addr:housenumber as hn)
hn=29 hn=29+fixme=variant hn=29+fixme=variant
- so you can edit it manually to
hn=29 hn=29A hn=29B
- for more difficult combinations, you should use OSMtracker to give a description. I don't want a full keyboard since that makes it difficult to type (wich is the main disadvantage of OSMtracker). But one exra key would solve a lot. --Sanderd17 09:59, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
- How many German addresses are like that? Two of your examples exist in Britain (15a, 19-21) but they're not very common. A quick look around Berlin doesn't show many. Perhaps just adding, say, A, B, C and - would be good enough for 99% of the time? MBlissett 20:16, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- I just forked this on github and added more letters and other common symbols (,-/). Get it on Github, or use this apk to install it. Screenshot
- The current version supports a-l and the separators ,-/ as well as an editable text field for really every strange character you might find. --Cobra 13:10, 26 June 2012 (BST)
I would like to see a tool like this for HP WebOS. Is it possible provide it for the App Catalog? --DINENISO 21:04, 9 April 2011 (BST)
no usable output
in 3 test sesessions i generated 6 files (3 *.osm and 3 *.gpx). All of these files generated an josm error message when loading, for only one there was a track. Means: no housenumbers at all. Error messages are like this:
Could not read file '2012-12-18_22-50-33.gpx'
Parsing data for layer '2012-12-18_22-50-33.gpx' failed
Could not read file '2012-12-18_22-50-33.osm'.
Line 3 column 1: XML document sturctures must start and end within the same entity.
What is the problem?--trekki 22:36, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
Solution: -- OSM-user:Markus59 17:09, 30 December 2012 (UTC) Most likely you quit the app without pushing the STOP button (white square in upper right corner). In this case the closing XML TAGs are not added to the .osm or .gpx file. You can easily fix that for recovering your data: open the corrupt file with any text editor and add the missing TAGs. The .osm file must end with </node> </osm> The .gpx file must end with </trkpt> </trkseg> </trk> </gpx>