Talk:Link roads between different highways types
Was this page/table somewhere discussed?
- I just found it linked somewhere: is it based on some consensus/discussion or is it just a proposal by someone? Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 16:57, 19 June 2022 (UTC)
- I think the first version from 2017 was never discussed and was never consensus. It was not noticed for a long time, but was discussed at least since 2019 and the "always choosing the higher class" was criticised by most.
- Unfortunately, the controversial table was actually used by many mappers. Now some map like this and some like that.
- The current version with the comparison of both schemes is a very good basis for discussion - and it clearly says so. I am glad that the old version has been removed from the highway_link wiki for the time being.
- Personally, I think the left table - definition by lower road classification - makes more sense for my home country Germany. This results in a familiar map image in the rendering and corresponds to the representations of classic road maps on paper.
- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) --Mammi71 (talk) 07:44, 29 September 2022 (UTC)
In my opinion, there should be different tables: one for when the junction is level, and another for when the junction is grade-separated. There also needs to be a provision for more complicated junctions, such as this and perhaps this. --Ika-chan! (talk) 18:34, 20 January 2019 (UTC)