Required changes to instructions
After version 2.1.6a
- Need to add details of language stats and links in options window. Rostranimin 22:30, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
- Need to add comment about map view options not appearing on first use Rostranimin 16:17, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- Change name for OSB light base map Rostranimin 14:08, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Route overlay is in connection with public transport Rostranimin 14:10, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Need to add details about URL use like
http://openstreetbrowser.org/#rel_15852(wikiproject-cleanup: dead service) Rostranimin 22:48, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
I second the above post and would like to see details on forming a URL with which to invoke OpenStreetBrowser. When I use OSB from my phone, it adds syntax of the form
/#map along with longitude and latitude. This is shorter than the example given in this article. If there are options that one could specify in the URL, I'd like to know them.
I wonder if there is a URL that would produce a map without navigation buttons, or even download the map in a file such as a
.PNG. My goal is to use the PC to obtain maps of arbitrary longitudes/latitudes to preload into my phone and have my home-brew app display a piece of the map depending on where I am. This is easier to calibrate than scanning the Road Atlas. I used to use "Nagvis" but they now produce maps only for users of their app.
General comments about this page
The answers to these questions ought to appear within the instructions - please 'sign' the question...
Q. How exactly do language selections change what is displayed on the map? Does the basemap change? Is it only the OSB overlay? Rostranimin 19:05, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- A. The basemap does not change, as well as the overlays. Only the user interface and the information in the sidebar get translated. -- Skunk 19:49, 23 January 2012 (UTC)