Talk:Tag:amenity=dancing school

From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

English Term

Documented this, because it is used a lot in Germany. Tanz-Schule = Dancing-School. Not sure if this a term used in the UK. --AndiG88 (talk) 17:09, 5 August 2014 (UTC)

I'd have thought "dance school" was at least as sensible as "dancing school", certainly its the term I'm most likely to use, but the meaning is clear. Certainly sensible tags were in short supply when I mapped this one node 799639752. And training=dance was what I found last year node 2302093400 SK53 (talk) 18:14, 5 August 2014 (UTC)

Community Centre

The dancing school could also be seen as a specific community centre and tagged amenity=community_centre + community_centre=dancing_school. Often the rooms of the school are also available for private events. --Polarbear w (talk) 15:41, 9 March 2016 (UTC)

I don't think so; as far as I understand, a "community centre" is typically run by a non-profit or by the (local) government, and is intended as a public service. Dancing schools (at least in Germany) are usually private for-profit schools. While it is true that rooms are often available for private events, you have to rent them for a fee. That is something many restaurants, pubs or nightclubs also offer, that does not make them community centres. Sleske (talk) 07:44, 4 October 2016 (UTC)