why use motorcycle_parking= and not paking=?
the main tag indicat that's a parking for motorcycle why create a need tag to add info for this parking? why not use the same key we use for amenity=parking with parking=surface; multi-storey... -Yod4z (talk) 14:49, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- i hope, that i understand what you meen. You are right, parking = * is better. I don't want create a new tag for an existing tag. -Gmbo 06:53, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- But you created this page Gmbo. You no longer like the idea?
- This is a pretty well used tag nowadays. Of course amenity=motorcycle_parking was a natural thing to add following after the amenity=bicycle_parking tag (which was very popular since the early days of OSM). That's no doubt the reason people adopted this tag.
- But it does seem clumsy if we worry about how many other types of vehicles might end up getting their own parking tag.
- To offer a justification though, I think in reality bikes and motorbikes are the only two vehicle types I can think of which get their own special parking street furniture, and where this thing comprises the parking infrastructure. Other types of parking are more clearly just variations on an area of tar-mac (amenity=parking) e.g. You wouldn't map amenity=coach_parking, amenity=hgv_parking . It's just tar mac. It's just amenity=parking maybe with access tags (See Talk:Tag:amenity=parking#Distinguish car park/bus park) . You wouldn't map amenity=electric_car_parking , it's amenity=parking with a amenity=charging_station alongside.
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 02:29, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
- I am convinced that this day will be used.
- As the most important reasons I would specify:
- 1. only these vehicles may be (here motorcycles) on parking.
- 2. There is a general sign of bid for the parking ticket.
- I tag it therefore also in a parking lot because there other rules apply and a special area for these special vehicles there is.
- Therefore, I would also parking for buses, trucks, electric vehicles day gene, also included is parking are only intended for these types of vehicles.
- Bus parking as amenity=coach_parking to tag is not any good, because it can be confused with a parking space for football manager. Such translated interpretations illustrated for example a tourism=caravan_site (only motorhomes can park here) as a (trailer)caravan, although there are trailer-caravans prohibited. -- Gisbert (Gmbo) (talk) 03:55, 12 April 2016 (UTC)