Definitions associated with 'Chemist'
- Chemist: A person or specialist in chemistry.
- Chemist's shop: A place where a chemist sells chemical compounds and can advise customers on the use of such chemicals sold. Such premises are mapped as 'shop=chemist'
- Pharmacy: A place or specialist counter where medicinal chemical compounds can be obtained for any animal*. Usually, shop=chemist contains a pharmacy.
- Dispensary: A place or specialist counter where prescription drugs are dispensed. Usually, pharmacies are dispensing.
- Head Shop: A shop selling drugs (e.g. 'legal highs'), drug paraphernalia and associated stuff.
* Some UK pharmacies sell domestic pet care chemical treatments.