- Help with geodata
Hi, my name's Frank, I am a new mapper here in Luxembourg. I work as a geographer at a geometres office. If anybody needs help with handling geodata, like georeferencing scans etc., for openstreetmap, I am willing to help. I have access to our web-server with a hourly updated osm-database (osm2pgsql-format), so if there's need for data I can give aid. Frabron 08:21, 19 April 2011 (BST)
- Luxembourg User Group?
What about a Luxembourgish user group with meetings once a year or so?... I would suggest to arrange a first meeting in April in Luxembourg City - any suggestions for a location? We can talk a little bit about OSM in Luxemborg, things to do ... --Nils Lux 20:46, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Nils, yes I think it would be nice to have a regular meeting of mappers here in the region. If others are interested too, we can try to find a new date for a meeting. Frabron 08:21, 19 April 2011 (BST)
- Special map for cyclists in Luxembourg
- Bing Maps available for OSM
Good news from Microsoft: the Bing satellite maps can be used for OpenStreetMap. With the help of these images we can finally improve the topography (forest, lakes, rivers...) of Luxembourg! Here you find some help how to use the images in JOSM. --Nils Lux 12:32, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
- Lëtzebuergesch available for easy translation
From now on the native luxembourgish language "Lëtzebuergesch" is available in the language bar. The abbreviation is "Lb". Every Wiki page can now easily be translated into luxembourgish. The portal site is already translated, the other ones are waiting ...--Nils Lux 20:41, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- Luxembourg WikiProject Relaunch
Hello OSM users in Luxembourg, I´ve relaunched the WikiProject Luxembourg start page some days ago in order to give the OSM activities a new structure. I did it in three languages (may be Luxembourgish will follow) and I added a new subproject on Cycle Route Network (one of my main activities last few month). I propose to start some other subprojects even if a lot of things are already mapped without such subprojects. But it can give us a certain structure of the work and document the progress little better. I propose to use English as the first language and translate stable pages afterwards into DE, FR (and maybe LB).
This talk page should be the main communication place as there is no forum for OSM Luxembourg at the moment (and we are to few to create one...). I propose to write here new topics on top and omit the headlines. I´ve reordered the old entries to have the latest on top. May be, we can relocate some texts in subprojects. Pls, use your signature if you post here! --Nils Lux 10:28, 5 October 2010 (BST)
- First of all, I would like to congratulate you for reviving this project. I am myself just really new to it, but for professional reasons, I am closely interested in mapping matters and OSM is one of them. As a new comer I wonder how the current map have been composed, since not all ways has GPS traces. It could be useful, if you know the other sources that have been used, to have a wiki page with such information. I have also look deeply to the recently released map geoportal opened in february by the ACT. Technically, I think that it should be possible to create a layer based on these data (orthophoto in particular) into JOSM with a modified SlippyMap plugin. Legally, we should also ask the ACT to obtains the rights to use these data. I know that in France, Italy and probably other countries, such usage has been authorized with some obligation of credits and some limitations. So, except if this has been refused in the past, I think it is worse to ask them. WDYT ? --DenisG 16:58, 5 October 2010 (BST)
- Thx, Denis! I also looked into the new Geoportal and the BD-L-TC database. Unfortunaely I´m not sure yet, how the conditions for use in OSM are. All the law is in french, and I have still to deal with it. My idea was to import the data into PostGIS and transfer to OSM (borders, water contours, etc...). To contact ACT is still an open issue (and on my todo list) - if you want to deal with - do it! I will prepare a subproject next days to hold all information on this topic. I´m familiar with databases, but PostGRES and PostGIS are new to me - I need some time to get familiar, may be you can do it faster, if we get the permission from ACT. After finishing the WiKi relaunch (it will block me still some days...) I plan to create some useful maps, may be, with a dedicated tile server... --Nils Lux 21:55, 5 October 2010 (BST)
- Reanimate the Luxembourg OSM Country Project?
My impression is that the luxembourgish OSM country project is fallen asleep since two or three years... I would propose to reanimate it! Let´s construct a new portal site and focus on data integrity/quality and the creation of useful maps! I started a cycle project some month ago - it´s decribed on my personal page at the moment. I would publish it on the Luxembourg country page. Let´s activate and reactivate users to take part in consolidation and mapping the last items to add in Luxembourg ;-) (indeed - there is not so much left, I assume). I propose accordning to the multilingual environment in Luxembourg to launch the project in four languages: English, Luxembourgish, German and French. The master text should be written in English, the others will be translated into. If there are any ideas for the country project main page - please write them down here! I will start to relaunch it during October - any input is welcome! --Nils Lux 20:40, 21 September 2010 (BST)
I totally agree with you, I thought I was quite alone to map in Luxembourg. I suggest mapping events for smaller villages which could be entirely mapped within 3 hours. What we also need are detailed aerial photographs of the east and the north of the country. Perhaps anyone has an idea how and where to get some? Ask your local administrations to get free maps, photographs, etc. I did this with Niederanven, I asked them to use GPS tracks published on their homepage and they immediately agreed!!--Pierrelu 22:29, 21 September 2010 (BST)
I´ll now start the relaunch of the Main Page for Luxembourg. I´ll do it in English and German. May be, someone can contribute the translation into Luxembourgish and French. To give the open issues a certain structure I create some project templates. One of them can I fill by my own: Cycle Routes.--Nils Lux 20:08, 1 October 2010 (BST)
- Capitalization of street names
There seems to be some inconsistency in the capitzalization of street names. Currently we have:
- Rue Du Cimetiere in Straassen
- rue du cimetière in Bissen
- Rue du Cimetière in Bonnevoie
- rue du Cimetiere in Erpeldange
The current official editing standards say 'Use mixed case with the first letter of each word capitalised', but for words like 'du' this does not seem to be a good idea. I would prefer either the format 'rue du Cimetière' or 'Rue du Cimetière'. What is the preference of other users?
Hello, Well as our official street names are in french, I think we should follow the official french grammar. And therefore it should be "Rue du Cimetière". For more rules concerning this subject see here: http://www.aidenet.eu/grammaire06a.htm --Luxpoli 10:20, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
- Newbie to OSM community
Hello to the Luxembourg community, My name is Jean-Paul and I am living in Bertrange. I am a newbie in this matter, as it's only a month ago I bought a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx. I am very interested to cooperate in this project. Every hint to start best will be welcome. --Luxpoli 10:16, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Naming of existing routes and adding some POI's in Bertrange nearly done - next step will be to add some new roads and POI's. -- Luxpoli 12:57, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Informationen fir all Ufaenger
Fir all Ufaenger hei kann ech nemmen un d'Herz leen, verdeicht mol am Edit Modus an der "Sandkescht" ronderem ze probeiern wei den Potlatch (numm vum editor vum OSM projee) fonctioneiert, iert se wei well drop lass mapp'en. Och den Wiki ze liesen kann net schuden ech kann ierch do vrun allem dei folgend seiten empfehlen als Anfeierung an d'Matiere: Mapping_techniques ; an ganz besonnesch iert ugefang get mat online editeieren:Editing_Standards_and_Conventions ; an och gudd fir all Fonctionen vum Edit Modus ze kennen: Potlatch/Primer Voila hoffen das domat villen Ufaenger gehollef as! --Petz 16:34, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Various Comments
Ween och emmer fleissech amgaangen as mat Deifferdeng mappen, kann dei persoun sech wanneschgelifft hei mat mer an kontakt setzen. Aller wahrscheinlechkeet benotzt dei persoun den Online Flash Mapping program, mais mappt anonym. Ech wollt just eng klarification weinst der kennzeechnung vun den stroosenklassen. Dei persoun schengt eeng ganz reih vun NationalStroosen souguer bannen Uertschaften als highway=trunk ze kennzeechnen, an ech wollt wessen wei mer do eeng logik kennen opbauen. Am moment schengen mer kuddelmuddels Stroosen Klassen ze kennzeechnen, an mer missten do e beschen mei methodesch virgoen. Kennt mech och direkt kontakteiern op firstname.lastname@example.org. Merci ! --Petz 22:39, 23 October 2007 (BST)
Just scrolled across your country and i saw that many motorway_links don't have oneway=true. Just a tip as it is a good idea to do add these for routing purposes. --Skywave 16:56, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
I was wondering about that gap in the A13, as i was sure the part Perl - A3 was complete last summer. I've restored the deleted ways and cleaned that part of the motorway against the gps tracks -- Frank 23:55, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
The "Route de Treves" at the airport was rebuild since the Yahoo images where taken and I didn't want to change the map data based on just one [trace] (without the connections to other streets) -- Frank 16:14, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Are the works done in this area or is it still subject to change? If not, than we should put in the new layout.--Petz 16:06, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- The works seemed to be finished -- Frank 06:26, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
Vill Brëcken fehlen am gesamten Réseau, op der A13 teschent Foetz an Diddeleng hun ech emol versicht daat an d'Rei ze brengen. User: Pierrelu 22:41 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Ich habe gesehen dass alle CR Straßen als "secondary" klassifiziert sind. Es gibt deshalb in ganz Luxemburg keine "tertiary" Straßen, was die Sache unübersichtlich macht, da das "secondary" Netz damit eigentlich "zu eng" ist. Gibt es keine "Unterklassifikation" der CR Straßen, so daß man einige davon als "tertiary" also wie "Kreisstraßen" in Deutschland markieren könnte? Im Saarland z.B. gibt es die Unterscheidung in Landesstraßen erster Ordnung (L<200, secondary) und solche zweiter Ordnung (L>200, tertiary). --Barthwo 16:28, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
- Nancy Mapping Party
- Bike network relations?
Who has mapped the Pistes Cyclable de l'Attert? Is that a relation? I think we should tag the various parts auf a Piste Cyclable according to the route types of the part (and the grade value of the tracktype key) and build a relation to a official cycleway afterwards. --LuxBiker 10:43, 13 June 2008 (UTC) I have mapped the PC 12 de l'Attert from Pétange to Kahler.The route type as well as the tracktype on this part is everywhere the same. User: Pierrelu 22:37, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
The National Cycle Network (Pistes Cyclables) is in respect with the defined relations now almost complete, the check of the bicycle related tags in detail is still outstanding. Any help would be appreciated. I´m now working on the local cycle network of Luxembourg City (VdL). --Nils Lux 07:50, 16 September 2010 (BST)
- Country template internationalization.