Template talk:Twitter user
Jump to navigation Jump to search
can we change the URL to https? --Flaimo 16:59, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- Well twice now people have changed it to https, but I've changed it back. The reason I've done that is that MediaWiki displays a little yellow padlock either side of the link for HTTPS links. I investigated this a little here in this question, and I think we should change the CSS to not do that any more, but until we do that...
- The links are better as HTTP for cosmetic reasons. They redirect anyway, so no big deal right?
- -- Harry Wood 02:24, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
- OK I've disactivated the padlocks in the wiki CSS. HTTPS links no longer get little yellow padlocks which will mean this template can be compact and decluttered while still linking to https URLs. Hurray! example: https://twitter.com/harry_wood <--- that link previously would've had a yellow padlock
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 12:02, 15 October 2013 (UTC)