Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mapping & Tools
- I do light POI mapping in the places I usually am: Brooklyn, NYC and Taipei, Taiwan
- I focus on fixing complex objects like multipolygons and coastlines when I encounter them.
- I organized an import: San Francisco Building Height Import when I was living in the SF Bay Area.
- Protomaps Extracts : download free, minutely-updated extracts on demand for areas to 100 million nodes.
- OSM Express : a lightweight, spatial, minutely-updatable file format (.osmx) and command line utility that powers Protomaps Extracts. Works for the entire planet or any extract region.
My Commercial Work
- CAD Mapper is commercial OSM-based service, transforming OSM and public domain geospatial data to 3D models for architectural visualization and 3D printing.
- Protomaps is a company that offers open source tools and web services around OpenStreetMap, in development as of 2019.
- Have worked as a consultant for Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team since 2017.
- Technical consultant for the implementation and hosting of some of the most popular OSM-based basemap styles.
- OpenStreetMap in Architecture and Planning at State of the Map US 2015
- OSM Express: a spatial file format for the planet at State of the Map US 2019
- Member of OSMF Foundation and OSMUS Foundation
- Candidate for the OpenStreetMap US Board in 2016