Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mapping & Tools
- I do light POI mapping in the places I usually am: United States, Taipei, Taiwan
- I'm particularly interested in multilingual tagging and map internationalization in the Asia-Pacific region.
- I focus on fixing complex objects like multipolygons and coastlines when I encounter them.
- I organized an import: San Francisco Building Height Import when I was living in the SF Bay Area.
- HOTOSM Export Tool for downloading OSM in GIS format
- Protomaps Extracts : download free, minutely-updated extracts on demand for areas to 100 million nodes.
- OSM Express : a lightweight, spatial, minutely-updatable file format (.osmx) and command line utility that powers Protomaps Extracts. Works for the entire planet or any extract region.
- PMTiles : an open, serverless archive format for tiles.
- protomaps JS : A BSD-licensed, lightweight, i18n-friendly vector tile renderer for the web based on Canvas 2D.
My Commercial Work
- CAD Mapper is commercial OSM-based service, transforming OSM and public domain geospatial data to 3D models for architectural visualization and 3D printing.
- Protomaps is a company that offers open source tools and web services around OpenStreetMap.
- Has consulted for Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team from 2017-2020.
- Technical consultant for the implementation and hosting of some of the most popular OSM-based basemap systems.
- OpenStreetMap in Architecture and Planning at State of the Map US 2015
- OSM Express: a spatial file format for the planet at State of the Map US 2019
- Minutely Extracts: Tools for nimble editing and downloading at State of the Map 2020
- Multilingual text rendering at W3C/OGC Joint Workshop Series on Maps for the Web
- A new map renderer for OSM? Rasters, vectors, language and internationalization at State of the Map 2021
- Member of OSMF Foundation and OSMUS Foundation
- Candidate for the OpenStreetMap US Board in 2016